Hi there, I hope your week is going well!
It’s been a stressful work week for me so far but I’m grateful to have an awesome team. Know what else I’m grateful for? A new Simon Says Stamp release, available now! Continue reading “Welcome Little One”
Hi there, I hope you’re having a lovely day!
I’ve been on an ink-blending kick and today I’m sharing another emboss resist background in some pretty pink Distress Oxides. Continue reading “Oh, Baby”
Hi there and happy Friday! Today I’m super excited to share that I was invited to be a guest designer for Concord and 9th’s July release. This is my first time guest-designing for a stamp company and I’m so flattered to have been asked by one of my favorite companies!
Today’s card features the beautiful Laurel Frame stamp set and coordinating die set from Concord and 9th. They also offer a bundle at a 10% discount over buying the items separately. This stamp set has a variety of sentiments that make it very versatile. Continue reading “Welcome Sweet Baby”
Hi there! I hope your week is getting off to a nice start!
Today I’m sharing my first baby card. I’m using an old stamp set, Baby Party Animals, from Simon Says Stamp which I found on sale last week. I love these cute animals which I’m sure I’ll be able to put to use on non-baby cards as well.
I started by stamping all of the images in Copic-friendly Hero Arts Intense Black ink onto Neenah Solar White 80# Classic Crest cardstock. I colored all of the images using a variety of Copic Sketch markers: R20 and R30 for the pig, E31 and E35 for the monkey, YR21 and YR23 for the cat, W1 and W3 for the bunny, and Y19 and Y21 for the rest of the elements. I did very very basic blending and added a few highlights using a white Sakura Gelly Roll pen.
Though I purchased the coordinating dies, I ended up using my Brother ScanNCut2 to cut out all of the images in one pass. I’m really falling in love with that machine!
I created the card front panel by die-cutting a piece of Strathmore Bristol Smooth paper with the largest of the Wonky Stitched Rectangles die set from My Favorite Things. Then I blended Spun Sugar and Tattered Rose Distress inks all over the panel. It was only after I finished blending that I remembered I had intended this card to be for a boy or a girl, so in hindsight, pink wasn’t the best color choice. Oops! And somewhere hiding on or under my desk is the bunny’s balloon. Double oops!
I sprinkled a few drops of water onto the panel, let them sit for 10 seconds, and then mopped them up with a paper towel in order to create a splatter effect. It’s very subtle, but gives a bit of interest and dimension I think.
Before I began adhering all of the stamped pieces, I stamped the word “baby” in Versafine Onyx Black ink in the bottom right corner. Then I laid out all of the stamped elements and once I found a layout I liked, I began adhering them down using Ranger Multi Medium Matte adhesive. I saved a few of the elements (the balloons, banner, and two of the presents) to pop up with some foam adhesive, for added dimension.
To finish, I adhered the entire panel to an A2-sized card base.
Thanks for visiting!