Feel Good Cards, Love Cards

You Make Me Ridiculously Happy

20180427_215535

Hello and happy Saturday!

Today I’m sharing a card using the Mondo Hydrangea stamp from Ellen Hutson and the Ridiculously Happy stamp from Honey Bee Stamps.

I started by stamping the hydrangea twice using VersaMark ink onto Canson XL watercolor paper.  I poured Hero Arts white embossing powder over the top, tapped off the excess, and hit it with my heat gun.  I then used Carbazole Violet and Quinacridone Violet watercolors from Daniel Smith to paint the petals.  I added just a touch Hooker’s Green to the stem, used Rose of Ultramarine (loosely mixed with the leftover violets from the petals) for the background and then set the card front aside to dry.

The sentiment was stamped in VersaMark ink on vellum and heat embossed using Ranger Gold Superfine embossing powder.  I trimmed the strip and wrapped it around the dry card front, using a Tombow Mono Dots Adhesive tape runner to adhere the ends of the strip to the back of the card front.

At the last minute I decided to add a few more gold accents by painting the centers of the blooms with Gansai Tambi Blue Gold watercolor.

To finish, I adhered the card front to an A2-sized card base.

Thanks for coming by!

20180427_215619.jpg

Encouragement Cards, Just For Fun Cards

Chin Up Buttercup

20180422_171222.jpg

Hello there, lovely!

On Wednesdays I celebrate the fact that I’m halfway through my work week and so “Chin up buttercup” seemed like the perfect sentiment for today’s card.

This sentiment, as well as the flowers, come from The Ink Road’s Chin Up Buttercup stamp set.

The A2-sized card front is a piece of Canson XL watercolor paper.  I used Daniel Smith’s New Gamboge to create this warm yellow background.  There’s no special technique here, I just used an 8 round brush to add color to dry paper and created a yellow area large enough to contain the sentiment.

When the card front was dry, I stamped the sentiment in Versafine Black Onyx ink using a Misti stamping tool.  Since watercolor paper is usually textured, I knew that I’d probably have to stamp the sentiment multiple times to get a crisp image so having a stamp positioning tool like the Misti came in handy.

The flowers were leftovers from a previous project, What a Lovely Face, and I thought the red/pink went well with the yellow background.  I adhered the larger flowers flush to the card front, and popped up the smaller flowers using foam tape.

Finally, I adhered the card front to an A2-sized card base to finish the card.

Thank you for visiting and I hope you have a lovely day!

20180422_171231.jpg