Hi there, happy almost-weekend!
Today I wanted to use another beautiful sentiment from the Honey Bee Stamps Friendship stamp set. I think this sentiment is perfect for the many friendships that I’ve made online!
I started by working on the sky background. I taped a piece of Canson XL Watercolor paper to my work surface and used a flat brush to brush clean clear water all over it. I wet some Daniel Smith Phthalo Blue and Indigo from my palette and brushed it used a slightly smaller flat brush to add color to the panel, concentrating the darker color at top, and shifting to the lighter color at bottom. I used a heat tool to speed the drying process and then repeated the steps, wetting with clean clear water and adding blue, to intensify the color.
While the panel was drying, I worked on the snowman which is from the Honey Bee Stamps Snow Buddies stamp set. I stamped him and his scarf in Copic-friendly Hero Arts Intense Black ink onto Neenah Solar White cardstock. Then I used B0000, B000, and B00 to add just a bit of shading around his edges. For his nose and scarf, I used YR21, Y38, and YR18. I fussy cut him and the scarf out, and then used a Brother ScanNCut2 to cut out his arms, which I’d stamped in Versafine Clair Nocturne ink.
I created a small hill of snow but cutting a curve out of Neenah Solar White. I added a bit of shading with the B000 and B00 markers, with just a touch of C0 (not that you can even tell there’s any color in the photo!).
With the panel dry, I used Wow! Embossing Pad and white Hero Arts embossing powder to heat emboss the sentiment and the stars onto the background. Then I used white gouache and a small paintbrush to add a bit of splatter towards the top of the card, to mimic stars, though they could just as well be snowflakes.
I adhered the hill flush to the background and then stamped the word “but” onto the snowman because he was going to cover up that part of the sentiment. I adhered his bottom flush to the hill and then added foam tape behind his head for a bit of dimension.
To finish, I adhered the card front to an A2-sized card base.
Thanks so much for visiting!