Feel Good Cards, Love Cards

You Make Me Ridiculously Happy

20180427_215535

Hello and happy Saturday!

Today I’m sharing a card using the Mondo Hydrangea stamp from Ellen Hutson and the Ridiculously Happy stamp from Honey Bee Stamps.

I started by stamping the hydrangea twice using VersaMark ink onto Canson XL watercolor paper.  I poured Hero Arts white embossing powder over the top, tapped off the excess, and hit it with my heat gun.  I then used Carbazole Violet and Quinacridone Violet watercolors from Daniel Smith to paint the petals.  I added just a touch Hooker’s Green to the stem, used Rose of Ultramarine (loosely mixed with the leftover violets from the petals) for the background and then set the card front aside to dry.

The sentiment was stamped in VersaMark ink on vellum and heat embossed using Ranger Gold Superfine embossing powder.  I trimmed the strip and wrapped it around the dry card front, using a Tombow Mono Dots Adhesive tape runner to adhere the ends of the strip to the back of the card front.

At the last minute I decided to add a few more gold accents by painting the centers of the blooms with Gansai Tambi Blue Gold watercolor.

To finish, I adhered the card front to an A2-sized card base.

Thanks for coming by!

20180427_215619.jpg

Encouragement Cards, Feel Good Cards, Just Because Cards

You Were Born To Sparkle

20180416_220257.jpg

Hi there!

Today’s card features the new Center Cut Star background stamp from Simon Says Stamp and the Born to Sparkle stamp set from Sunny Studio.  I just love the star shape of this background!

I started using Versamark ink and Hero Arts white embossing powder to heat emboss the background onto a piece of Strathmore Bristol Smoothe paper.

For the watercoloring, I used Champagne Gold from the Gansai Tamby Starry Colors set, and a pink Arteza Real Brush Pen marker.  I used a small Pentel Aquash waterbrush, but a regular small paint brush would have worked just as well.

While the paint was drying, I stamped the sentiment in VersaMark Black Onyx ink onto a strip of vellum, sprinkled it with Hero Arts Super Fine clear embossing powder, and hit it with my heat gun.

I trimmed the card front down to 4″ x 5.25″ and then wrapped the vellum piece around it, adhering the ends of the vellum to the back side of the card front using a Tombow Mono Dots Adhesive tape runner.

Then I used liquid adhesive to adhere the card front to an A2-sized card base and that finished up today’s card.

Thanks for swinging by!

20180416_215702.jpg