Hello and happy Friday, I’m so glad you’re here!
It’s Feature Friday for Concord & 9th and today’s featured items from the Concord & 9th September release are the Card Stacks Base die set, the Big On Christmas stamp set and coordinating dies (also available as a bundle), and the Fa La La Fringe Tree stamp set and coordinating dies (also available as a bundle). I have three cards to share today so let’s dive in!
My first card features the Card Stacks Base die set and pretty die cuts made with the Eclectic Garden die set that was released earlier this year. It was so easy to put this dimensional card together and I love how it folds flat to fit into a regular A2-sized envelope!
To recreate this card:
- Create the frame of the dimensional base by using the largest die to cut a piece of Aqua Sky cardstock
- Add a hint of variation to the panel by using a blending brush to blend a bit of Oceanside ink over the top of the arch
- Cut the three tiered pieces from green cardstock; use Parsley cardstock for the tallest tier, and Sprout cardstock for the two shorter tiers
- Use a blending brush to blend a bit of Parsley ink over the middle tier, as well as over the bottom edge of the bottom tier
- Assemble the card base by folding along the score lines (created by the dies) of all of the pieces and using double-sided tape to adhere the flaps of the three tiers to the sides of the frame; set aside
- Die cut the stems of the flowers from the Eclectic Garden die set twice, once from Parsley cardstock and once from Sprout Cardstock
- Die cut the flowers twice, once from Honeysuckle cardstock and once from Ballet Slipper cardstock
- Adhere the Honeysuckle flowers to the Parsley stems and adhere the Ballet Slipper flowers to the Sprout stems
- Die cut and assemble the hummingbird using Black, Oceanside, Aqua Sky, and Ballet Slipper cardstocks
- Die cut the sentiment (from the All The Hellos die set) from white cardstock
- To finish, adhere the flowers, hummingbird, and sentiment to the individual tiers of the card base; trim the flower stems that hang out of the bottom of the card base
Fa La La
My next card features the Fa La La Fringe Tree stamp set and coordinating dies (also available as a bundle). To recreate this card:
- Create three ombre stamped trees by first stamping in Aqua Sky ink and then inking up the bottom of each layer of branches in Oceanside ink; use a rag to dab at and soften the harsh line of ink in the middle of each branch layer before stamping down onto your cardstock (a stamp positioning tool is important for this step)
- Stamp the ornaments in Buttercup, Sprout, and Ballet Slipper
- Use the coordinating die to cut out all three trees
- Use the star die to cut out three stars from the white glitter cardstock in the Neutrals Glitter Paper Pack and adhere to the tops of the trees
- Use the sentiment die to cut once from the same white glitter cardstock and once from white cardstock; adhere the layers together with the white cardstock piece on top and slightly offset
- Use a blending brush to blend Parsley ink onto a panel of white cardstock, concentrating the color at the top and letting it fade to white towards the bottom; trim the panel to 3.5″ x 4.75″
- Use glue to adhere two trees to the ink-blended panel, then use foam tape to adhere the third tree in the center
- Use foam tape to adhere the sentiment
- Use foam tape to adhere the card front to a card base
Love & Joy
My last card today features the Big On Christmas stamp set and coordinating dies (also available as a bundle).
To recreate this card:
- Create three ombre-stamped trees (using the Tiny Trees Turnabout™ stamp set); stamp first in a light color, then ink up the bottom of the stamp in a darker coordinating color and use a rag to dab at and soften the harsh line of ink before stamping again. I used Ballet Slipper and Honeysuckle for the pink tree, Aqua Sky and Oceanside for the teal tree, and Sprout and Parsley for the green tree
- Die cut the trees and add glitter stars using the star die and white glitter cardstock in the Neutrals Glitter Paper Pack; adhere the stars to the top of the trees
- Stamp three tree trunks in Wheat ink and die cut
- Create a background using the Turnabout, stamping twice in Sprout and twice in Aqua Sky onto white cardstock
- Stamp the “love & joy” sentiment in Honeysuckle ink onto white cardstock; die cut and set aside
- Use the small stars and circles stamp from the Fa La La Fringe Trees stamp set and Aqua Sky ink to stamp a loose pattern onto a 3.5″ x 4.75″ panel of white cardstock
- Assemble the card by using foam tape to adhere the sentiment to the small panel created in the previous step; then adhere the trees and tree trunks
- Use foam tape to adhere the panel from the previous step to the Turnabout background
- Adhere the card front to a card base
Thank you so much for visiting!