Hi there, I hope you’re enjoying the weekend!
It’s been raining here and I was feeling a little floral separation anxiety after a week of not coloring any blooms (I’m not counting those teeny flowers from the Hero Arts kit. That’s fair, right?) so I decided to play with this pretty set from Altenew and use a color that always brightens my mood.
I started by stamping many of the floral images from Altenew’s Engraved Flowers stamp set in Copic-friendly Hero Arts Intense black ink onto Neenah Solar White 80# Classic Crest cardstock. I used YR0000, Y32, YR21, and Y35 to color the blooms (with a bit of YR38 and YR18 for the center of the largest flower) and G43, YG61, and G46 for the leaves.
Using a Brother ScanNCut2, I cut out all of the images and arranged them on an A2-sized piece of Neenah Solar White. Before I glued them down, I decided that I wanted to add a subtle frame so I pulled out the Altenew Fine Frames Cover Die and used some leftover frames that I had previously cut. It’s difficult to tell in the pictures, but there are actually three frames around the panel, one very fine, then a space, and then two nesting frames, a very fine one and a slightly thicker one. I used a Zig 2-Way Glue pen to adhere the frames to the panel.
I laid out the florals over the frame and got a sense of where I wanted to stamp the sentiment, for which I used Versafine Clair Nocturne ink. Then I began adhering everything, using Zots Bling adhesive dots for the three largest leaves and the two smaller blooms. I like using Zots when I want the element to be relatively flush to the card but still have some lift around its edges. I used foam tape to adhere the largest piece which includes the largest bloom and the leaves rising upwards from the flower.
To finish, I adhered the card front to an A2-sized card base.
Thanks so much for coming by!