Thank You Cards

Thanks A Bunch


Hi there, I hope you’re having a good day!

Today I’m feeling happy to have found time to play with my Copics and this beautiful stamp from Studio Katia.  Have you ever seen such a cute bunch of flowers?

I stamped the image, from the A Cup of Thanks stamp set, in Copic-friendly Hero Arts Intense Black ink onto an A2-sized piece of Neenah Solar White 80# Classic Crest cardstock.  Then I settled into coloring.

I used R81, R83, R85, and R89 for the pink flowers.  Rather than use the R89, which is very very dark, directly on the panel, I used the tip-to-tip method to transfer a bit of R89 onto the tip of my R83 pen.  More specifically, I touched the tip of my R83 pen to the inside of the R89 cap where some ink was dried up, so I guess it was more of a tip-to-cap method 🙂 This transferred just a smidge of color which gave me the deep color I wanted, with a bit more control and less risk of going overboard.  Kathy Racoosin taught me this tip-to-cap method which cured me of the urge to clean the inside of my caps all of the time.  Don’t let that dried ink go to waste!

I used Y32, Y35, and Y17 for the yellow flowers, using the tip to cap method to add a bit of dark YR18 to my Y17 pen so that I could add some darker color.  For the leaves, I used YG21, YG23, YG25, and YG17 (though to be honest, I could have completely skipped the YG21).  For the little round berries, I used E70 and E74.  And finally, for the cup and saucer, I used E40, E41, and E42.

I penned in a frame using a 0.3 Copic Multiliner and then I stamped the sentiment in Versafine Clair Nocturne ink.  To finish, I adhered the cardfront to an A2-sized card base.

Thanks so much for coming by!


Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s