Feel Good Cards, Just Because Cards, Thank You Cards

Hugs For All The Thoughtful Things You Do

20180904_210836

Hi there, I hope your week is going well!

After a few days away from coloring flowers, I had the itch and got out my Copics and this sweet little branch of flowers from Altenew.  It’s so satisfying to see the blooms come to life!I started with an A2-sized piece of Neenah Solar White 80# Classic Crest cardstock and Copic-friendly Hero Arts Intense Black ink.  Using a Misti stamping tool, I positioned the branch stamp from the Best Mom stamp set from Altenew over the bottom half of the panel, stamped it, and then rotated the panel 180 degrees and stamped again.

20180904_211042Then I used BV01, BV02, BV04, and BV08 to color the flowers, and YG61, YG63, and YG67 to color the leaves.  I also used a gold Unibal Gel Impact pen to add some details to the flowers’ stamen.

I then die cut the word “hugs” from the Altenew Script Words die set four times, once from Neenah Solar white and three times from white 110# Recollections cardstock.  I used the same four blue-violets colors to color in the Neenah die cut and created an ombre effect with the lightest color at the bottom of the word.  This was intentional so that I could stamp the rest of the sentiment over the tail of the “g” and still have it be readable.

My next goal was to stamp the smaller sentiment, from the Altenew Leaf Canopy stamp set, over the tail of the “g.” I used a piece of Post-It Tape to temporarily adhere the die cut in position on the cardfront.  Then I placed it in the Misti, positioned the small sentiment stamp, and picked up the stamp with the Misti door.  I placed a piece of scrap cardstock under the tail of the “g” to protect the cardfront underneath, and then I stamped the small sentiment in Versafine Clair Nocturne ink.  Then I removed the scrap card stock and the die cut and, without moving the cardfront or the stamp, I inked the sentiment again and stamped it fully onto the card front.

I stacked and adhered the die cuts together and then adhered it to the cardfront, aligning it with the fully stamped sentiment.  To finish, I adhered the cardfront to an A2-sized card base.

Thanks so much for visiting!

20180904_210901

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s