Hello and welcome! Today we’re celebrating the release of the Altenew All Things Handmade Collection! If you arrived from Jaycee Gaspar’s blog, you’re right on track. If you want to hop along from the beginning, visit the Altenew Card Blog. Check the bottom of this post for giveaway information and the full blog hop list.
I have two cards to share today, the first features the new Garden Delights stamp set and coordinating dies (also available as a bundle). The blooms in this set reminded me of Hawaii and they’re the perfect size to scatter across an A2-sized panel!
To recreate this card:
- Stamp the outline layer of the flowers and leaves in Permanent Black ink onto white cardstock
- Stamp the purple layers of the flower petals in Soft Lilac, Lavender Fields, and Deep Iris, then stamp the center of the flowers in Fresh Lemon and Chamomile
- Stamp the green layers of the leaves in Bamboo, Lime, and Shadow Creek
- Use the coordinating dies to cut out all of the images and set them aside
- Use the Fine Frames Cover die to cut a piece of white cardstock and then use Scotch tape on the back of the frames to hold most of them together
- Glue the frame to an A2-sized panel of white cardstock
- Arrange the flowers at a diagonal and use a blog of glue to glue down just the centers of the flowers
- Add foam tape just to the back of the tips of some of the petals but do not remove the remaining release paper (this lets the tips of the petals lift away from the panel for more natural looking dimension)
- Slip in leaves and glue them to the background at their bases; add bits of foam tape to their tips without removing the second layer of release paper
- Trim off any leaves or flowers that extend past the edge of the background
- Adhere a small stamped sentiment with foam tape
- Adhere the card front to a card base
Crafty Friends Are The Best
My second card features the new An Artist’s Collection stamp set and coordinating dies (also available as a bundle) against a background made using a sheet from the new Alcohol Ink Backgrounds 6×6 Paper Pack.
To make this easy card I stamped the image in Permanent Black ink onto white cardstock and then used purple, blue, and teal Copic markers to color the image. I used the coordinating die to cut it out and then used foam tape to adhere it to a sheet of the Alcohol Ink Background pack that I’d trimed to approximately 3.75″ x 5″. To finish, I added a white heat-embossed sentiment on a strip of black cardstock and then adhered the card front to a card base.
Thank you so much for visiting! Your next stop is the talented Jenny Colacicco. Be sure to check below for information about the giveaway and for the full blog hop list!
$300 in total prizes! To celebrate this release, Altenew is giving away a $50 gift certificate to 2 lucky winners and a $25 gift certificate to 8 winners! Please leave a comment on the Altenew Card Blog and/or each designer’s blog post on the blog hop list below by 02/10/2022 for a chance to win.
Altenew will draw 10 random winners from the comments left on each stop of this blog hop and announce the winners on the Altenew Winners Page on 2/12/2022.
Blog Hop List
- Altenew Card Blog
- Norine Borys
- Jaycee Gaspar
- Seeka <– You are here
- Jenny Colacicco
- Yasmin Diaz
- Erum Tasneem
- Michelle Short
- Emily Midgett
- Nathalie DeSousa
- Amy Hill
- Terri Koszler
- Virginia Lu
- Tenia Nelson
- Colleen Balija
- Therese Calvird
- Lilith Eeckels
- Maryam Perez
- Isha Gupta
- Svitlana Shayevich
- Tania Ahmed
- Agnieszka Małyszek
- Bridget Casey