Hello and welcome, I’m glad you’re here and I hope you had a lovely Thanksgiving if you’re in the United States!
I’m excited to be a guest for this month’s Waffle Flower challenge. The theme is “Most Wonderful Time” and the sub-theme this week is “Cards to Service People.” In the spirit of thanks, I’ve created two cards of the same design and suing two different color palettes.
To recreate these cards:
- Positioned the Rotating Sunburst Stencil over a 4.25″ x 5.5″ panel of white cardstock and used low-tack tape to hold it in place
- Use a blending brush to blend a pink/red ink over the exposed area of the panel (I used Altenew Ruby Red)
- Remove the stencil and rinse and dry it, rotate it 180 degrees, and align it to the pattern created in step 2; use the low-tack tape to hold in in place again
- Blend a medium pink over the exposed areas of the stencil (Coral Berry)
- Keeping the stencil in place, use a palette knife to spread a sparkling paste (I used Nuvo Moonstone Glimmer paste) over the pink pattern you just created
- Remove the stencil and immediately wash it and the palette knife; set the panel aside to dry
- Use circle dies to cut a circle from what cardstock and a slightly larger circle from vellum; adhere the two pieces together and set aside
- Use the Oversized Thank You die to cut a piece of iridescent mirror cardstock (this is Tonic Holo Waves cardstock)
- Adhere the sentiment to the circle created in step 7
- Use a secondary sentiment stamp from the Oversized Thank You stamp set (the stamp set and die are also available as a combo) and use white embossing powder to heat emboss the sentiment onto black cardstock, then trim into a strip
- Use foam tape to adhere the circle layer to the background
- Use glue to adhere the large sentiment
- Use glue to adhere the secondary sentiment
- Adhere the card front to a card base
Thank you so much for visiting! Be sure to check out the challenge page for details on how to enter. The deadline is 11/30!
Thank you so much for visiting!
1 thought on “Thank You For Your Hard Work | Waffle Flower November Challenge”
Absolutely love this, Seeka! Am thrilled to see you with WF!!
Hugs, L in PA
LikeLiked by 1 person