Hello and welcome, I hope you’ve had a good week!
I’m so excited to be guest designing for Concord & 9th’s September release! Today is the first of four Feature Fridays that I get to be a part of, alongside three talented women that I admire so much: Channin Pelletier, Therese Calvird, and Yasmin Diaz. Be sure to check out Concord & 9th’s blog for additional inspiration from these ladies using today’s featured products!
Have Yourself A Merry Little Christmas
My first card today features the Tiny Trees Turnabout™ stamp set and coordinating dies (also available as a bundle) which, when stamped four times, results in a panel entirely filled with adorable trees, stars, and dots!
To recreate this card:
- Use the alignment tool, which comes with the stamp set, and a Turnabout™ Jig to position the Turnabout™ stamp in a stamping tool
- Use temporary adhesive (I used a tape runner) to temporarily adhere a 4.25″ x 5.5″ panel of white cardstock (I used Neenah Solar White 80# Classic Crest) to the center of the Jig.
- Stamp in Aqua Sky, then rotate and stamp in Oceanside, then rotate and stamp in Sprout, then rotate on last time
- Without removing the cardstock from the jig, treat the panel with an anti-static embossing powder tool
- Stamp in clear embossing ink, then remove the panel from the Jig and pour a glitter gold embossing powder over the panel (I used Hero Arts Gold Glitter), tap off any excess and melt with a heat tool; set the panel aside
- Stamp the three threes on white cardstock using the same ink colors; die cut and set aside
- Stamp the tree trunks in Wheat; die cut and set aside
- Heat emboss the star using the same embossing powder as step 5; die cut and set aside
- Use a circle die to cut two circles, one from white cardstock and larger one from vellum
- Use a blending brush to blend Oceanside ink onto the white cardstock circle, concentrating the color to one end
- Adhere the two circles together with the ink-blended circle on top; set aside
- Stamp the sentiment in black pigment ink onto white cardstock and trim into a strip; set aside
- Adhere the trees and tree trunks to the round piece using glue for two trees and foam tape for the focal tree
- Adhere the circle to the background panel using foam tape
- Adhere the sentiment using foam tape
- Adhere embellishments onto the focal tree
- Adhere the card front to a card base
My second card features trees from the Tiny Trees Turnabout™ stamp set and a sentiment created with the new Mix & Match Holiday Sentiments stamp set and coordinating die (also available as a bundle). The trees sit on a hill made with the Modern Mosaic Card Front die from the August release.
To recreate this card:
- Create three ombre-stamped trees; stamp first in a light color, then ink up the bottom of the stamp in a darker coordinating color and use a rag to dab at and soften the harsh line of ink before stamping again. I used Ballet Slipper and Honeysuckle for the pink tree, Aqua Sky and Oceanside for the teal tree, and Sprout and Parsley for the green tree.
- Stamp the ornaments in Ballet Slipper, Aqua Sky, and Sprout
- Stamp the tree trunks in Wheat
- Die cut all images and set aside
- Stamp the Mix & Match Holiday Sentiments stamp in Honeysuckle (I stamped twice to get nice smooth coverage for this large stamp)
- Use the coordinating die to cut out the sentiments in one pass; set the pieces aside
- Use a blending brush to blend Oceanside ink onto one end of a 4.25″ x 5.5″ panel of white cardstock, concentrating the color at one end
- Splatter the cardstock with an opaque white medium (I used Dina Wakley White Gloss Spray); set aside to dry
- Use the Modern Mosaic die to cut another piece of white cardstock
- Piece together and adhere the bottom pieces of the Modern Mosaic to the light end of the ink-blended background
- Trim 3/8″ off the length and the width of the combined panel
- Use glue to adhere the green tree and tree trunks, use foam tape to adhere the other trees and sentiments
- Use foam tape to adhere the card front to a card base
Thank you so much for visiting, I hope you have a great rest of the day!