Hello and happy Friday! Today, Tonic Studios is celebrating their exclusive Stamp Club Christmas Rose stamp and die release with a blog hop and giveaway. This beautiful bundle is inspired by Maria Willis. If you’ve arrived from Erica’s blog, you’re right on track! If you’d like to start at the beginning, head on over to visit Maria.
I have two quick and easy cards to share today so let’s jump in!
My first card pairs easy stamping over an ink-blended background. To recreate this card:
- Use Post-it Tape or another low-tack tape to mask off the borders of a 4.25″ x 5.5″ panel of white cardstock
- Use blending tools to blend ink from the bottom left corner of the panel up and towards the right (I used Pinkfresh Studio’s Candy Violet and Soft Lilac), concentrating the color in one corner and letting it fade at the opposite corner
- Remove the mask
- Stamp the sentiment in black pigment ink at the bottom of the ink-blended area
- Stamp the the large flower image, in the same black ink, at the left side of the panel
- Reposition the stamp at the right side of the panel and stamp again
- Adhere the card front to a card base
My second card uses more quick and easy stamping for a quick background. I chose blues and teals for these piney branches; what colors would you choose?
To recreate this card:
- Chose three colors of ink; I used Versafine Claire Blue Belle, Paradise, and Warm Breeze pigment inks
- Stamp the image in the darkest color at the four corners of a 4.25″ x 5.5″ panel of white cardstock
- Stamp the image in the lightest color at center of the four sides of the panel
- Stamp in the remaining open areas in the last color
- Trim the panel to 3.75″ x 5″
- Stamp the sentiment in black pigment ink onto white cardstock
- Use the coordinating die to cut out the sentiment, then trim into three separate words
- Adhere the sentiment pieces to the background
- Use foam tape to adhere the background to an A2 card base (I used a cream card base)
Thank you so much for visiting! Your next stop in the hop is lovely Sandi! Be sure to check below for information about the giveaway and to see the full blog hop list.
One lucky winner will win a £50/$50 gift card to Tonic Studios and the Christmas Rose Bundle! To enter, comment on the blogs in the hop by 11:59pm PST on September 1, 2021 (7:59am GST on September 2, 2021). The winner will be announced on September 3rd, 2021 on Instagram and Facebook, so make sure you’re following all of the Tonic Studios social media accounts!