Hi there and welcome! It’s release day at Hero Arts and we’re celebrating the August release with a blog hop full of inspiration and a giveaway. This month’s theme is Color Your World in Friendship and the My Monthly Hero kit is jam packed with a stamp set, dies, stencil, liquid watercolors and a cling stamp for only $34.99! If you’ve arrived from Pocono Pam’s blog, you’re right on track. If you’d like to start from the beginning, head on over to the Hero Arts blog.
I have two cards to share today, an interactive color-changing card featuring the kit and one featuring a new infinity die set add-on!
For the interactive color-changing card, I followed these steps:
- Use a black archival ink to stamp the cling stamp image onto a 4.25″ x 5.5″ piece of acetate
- Stamp the cling stamp image again, this time using Copic-friendly Intens-ified Black Ink, onto a 4.25″ x 5.5″ piece of Dove White cardstock, in the same position as in step 1 (a stamp positioning tool is ideal for this)
- Use markers to color in the image stamped on the white cardstock; I used Copic Markers
- Create a frame by using a rectangle die from the Rectangle Infinity die set to cut a rectangle from a 4.25″ x 5.5″ piece of Pebble cardstock
- Apply double-sided tape to the back of the Pebble frame and adhere the stamped acetate sheet
- Apply thin strips of foam tape behind three sides of the frame (at this point, the foam tape will be applied to the acetate, and hidden by the frame), leaving a short side open
- Position the colored panel behind the framed acetate making sure to line up the stamped lines carefully; remove the foam tape and adhere to the colored panel
- Create the slider by trimming another piece of white cardstock so that it slides into the open end of the frame; you can also create a little tab and write the word “pull” on it
- Slide the slider between the acetate and the colored piece
- Adhere the card front to a card base
- Stamp a sentiment, trim, and adhere to the center of the acetate piece
When fully assembled the card appears to be black and white, but when the slider is pulled out, the image reveals itself in full color!
Sending A Big Hug
My second card features the new Rainbow Infinity Dies. To recreate this card:
- Use the individual rainbow arch dies to cut arches from Coral, Papaya, Canary, Kiwi, Paradise, and Amethyst cardstock
- Adhere the arches to a small scrap of cardstock; this is just to hold them all together as a single piece
- Use the cloud dies to cut out one long and two small clouds from Dove White cardstock
- Stamp sentiments from the new Paper Hug Stamp & Cut XL set onto the clouds
- Cut a 4.25″ x 5.5″ panel of Mist cardstock
- Use a blending brush to blend Pool Party Reactive ink onto the corners of the panel, to create just a bit of color depth
- Assemble the card by adhering the rainbow to the panel, and adding the clouds with foam tape
- Finish by adhering the card front to a card base
Thank you so much for visiting! Your next stop is the wonderful Chari Moss! Be sure to read below for giveaway details as well as to view the full blog hop list.
Hero Arts will give away one $50 gift card, drawn from the comments left across the hop. Enter by Sunday, August 8th at 11:59pm Pacific, and the winner will be announced on the Hero Arts blog the following week.