Hello there, I hope you’re having a nice day!
I’m so excited and honored to be part Altenew’s four-day celebration of their 7th anniversary! If you arrived from the Ellen Hutson LLC blog, you’re right on track. If you want to hop along from the beginning, visit the Altenew Card Blog. And, if we’ve never met before, I hope you’ll also visit me on Instagram where I frequently share cards made with Altenew products!
Today I have a bold card to share and it features one of my favorite stamp sets from Altenew, Statement Flowers.
I started by stamping the beautiful big floral image onto a piece of low tack masking paper (Altenew has a great one here) in Permanent Black ink. Then I cut the image out. Note that I did not leave any margin around the image.
Next, I stamped the image again, this time onto a 4.25″ x 5.5″ panel of Neenah Solar White 80# Classic Crest cardstock. When the ink was dry, I masked if off with the mask I created in the previous step. Then, I used Post-It Tape to mask off a 3/8″ border around the edges of the card.
Using two Large Blending Tools, one for reds/pinks and one for orange, I blended Ruby Red Crisp Dye Ink at the bottom of the panel and Orange Cream at the top of the panel, over the masks. I blended the colors towards each other and blended a bit of Coral Berry in the middle to help smooth the transition between the two.
Next, I removed the masks (which is always so satisfying!) and used an orange and a pink Copic marker to color in the center of the large open flower. I stamped a sentiment, from the Folk Art stamp set, in Permanent Black ink and then finished by adhering the card front to an A2-sized card base.
In addition to the giveaways, Altenew is offering free shipping through 11:59 pm EDT on 4/11/2021. Scroll on down below for additional information about this offer, the awesome sponsors of this hop, giveaway information and for the full blog hop list.
Thank you so much for visiting! Your next stop is Altenew Certified Educator Katrina Howe.
Over $1,400 in total prizes! Altenew is giving away a $70 gift certificate to 5 lucky winners and one Altenew Academy class to 15 lucky winners. There are also 19 awesome companies/crafty friends who are celebrating with us, and they are offering the following prizes:
- Altenew: 5 $70 Altenew gift certificates
- Jennifer McGuire Ink: $100 Altenew gift certificate
- Gina K. Designs: $100 gift certificate
- My Sweet Petunia: $100 gift certificate
- Spellbinders Paper Arts: $100 gift certificate
- CiLi in Papers: €75 gift certificate
- Lawn Fawn: $75 gift certificate
- Online Card Classes: 3 online class spots
- Altenew Academy: 15 online class spots
- Auzz Trinklets N Krafts: $50 gift certificate
- Concord & 9th: $50 gift certificate
- Hero Arts: $50 gift certificate
- My Little Attic: $50 gift certificate
- Scrapbook.com: $50 certificate
- Simon Says Stamp: $50 gift certificate
- Pinkfresh Studio: $50 gift certificate
- Bumbleberry Papercrafts: £25 gift certificate
- Waffle Flower: 1 prize bundle valued at $32
- Butterfly Reflections Ink: $25 gift certificate
- Ellen Hutson LLC: $25 gift certificate
- Scrapbook & Cards Today: 1 copy of Scrapbook & Cards Today Spring 2021 issue
Be sure to leave comments by 4/18/2021 for a chance to win one of 41 prizes! To make the hop more exciting, start your comment with “Hi from (city or country where you’re from)!” 41 winners will be chosen at random from the comments left on any of the blogs listed below and will be announced on the Altenew Card Blog on 4/24/2021.
Enjoy FREE U.S. shipping with code HAPPY7TH or $5 OFF international shipping with code ANNIV21 at checkout. Offer valid from 4/8/2021 at 12:01 am EDT through 4/11/2021 at 11:59 pm EDT. Shop at Altenew. Not valid on prior purchases. Cannot be combined with other promo codes.