Hi there, I hope you’re enjoying your day!
Here’s a card I shared a few days ago over on Instagram that uses some Chroma Glaze pastes from Brutus Monroe that a crafty friend sent to me. These pastes come in all sorts of sorbet colors and look so creamy in their little jars that they remind me of pudding. Scroll to the bottom for a video clip of the process!
I started by using Purple Tape to temporarily hold the Leaves Stencil from Simon Says Stamp over an A2-sized piece of Neenah Solar White cardstock. Then I used an offset spatula to apply three colors of Chroma Glaze over the stencil. I started with Blush and then added Sherbert and a little bit of yellow Daffodil. I haven’t worked with pastes much so it took some practice not to press down too much with my spatula. When I did, and scraped down to the cardstock, I just dabbed on a bit more paste to cover the bald spot. I also took care not to blend too much because I wanted to have three distinct colors. These pastes blend so easily that any extra swiping resulted in the colors combining so I did go back and add dabs of yellow here and there. When I finished, cleaned off the spatula and stencil and set the panel aside to dry.
Using the Outline Clustered Leaves die, also from Simon Says Stamp, I die cut a piece of vellum and set that aside as well.
For the sentiment, I used a Misti to stamp one of the Simon Says Stamp Thanks And Encouragement Word Mix 1 stamps in Altenew Coral Berry ink onto Neenah Solar White. Then, without repositioning the stamp, I stamped over my image in Wow! Embossing Pad and then heat embossed with Hero Arts Ultra Fine clear embossing powder. This gave my sentiment a shiny clear finish, to coordinate with the sheen of the Chroma Glazes.
I was very impatient and didn’t want to wait for the Chroma Glaze to dry before I assembled the card. When I use these glazes again, I’ll be sure to let them dry for several hours, if not over night. But, for this card I used the wetness to my advantage, pressing the vellum piece into the wet glaze which acted as an adhesive. I trimmed a few leaves off the bottom of the vellum piece and then adhered the sentiment with foam squares.
Thanks so much for visiting!