Hi there, I hope you’re having a great day!
Can you believe it’s April?! And not just April, but almost the middle of April! Time is flying, but that’s okay because today is release day for Simon Says Stamp’s Blossoms and Butterflies release!
I had the good fortune to get to play with this pretty little Poppy Frame Die, one of a selection of frame dies in the release that’s just perfect for a sweet 4 bar-sized card.
I started by trimming a piece of Strathmore Bristol Smooth cardstock down to 3 1/2″ x 4 7/8″. Then I used Post-It Tape to mask off a rectangle just slightly larger than the size of the frame die. With foam blending tools, I blended on five Distress Inks. I started with Shabby Shutters at the bottom of the rectangle and Tumbled Glass over the rest of the rectangle, taking care to make sure that the colors met, but didn’t blend too much into each other so that a hint of a horizon remained. Then I added some Crushed Olive, a slightly darker green, to the very bottom, blending it into the Shabby Shutters. To add variation to the blue sky, I added Salty Ocean to the top half of the card, and then a bit of Blueprint Sketch to the very top, blending where the various blues met.
Since I used bristol cardstock, which has coating that lets ink sit on top for a bit, blending was very easy. However, it’s also very easy to wipe the ink right off of the paper with the blending foam I use. So to intensify color, and help blend between colors, I use more of a tamping motion than a swiping motion.
While the background was drying I die cut the Poppy Frame twice, once out of Neenah Solar White and once out of scrap 110# Recollections cardstock. I layered and adhered the two pieces together, with the Neenah layer on top for a nice crisp white.
The sentiment is from the Simon Says Stamp Tiny Words stamp set. I stamped the sentiment in Versafine Clair Nocturne ink onto Neenah Solar White and then trimmed it into a strip and used scissors to create a fishtail flag.
To assemble the card, I adhered the stacked die cuts onto the background and then used a combination of glue and adhesive dots to adhere the sentiment strip. Then I adhered the card front to 4 bar-sized card base.
Thanks so much for visiting!