Hi there, I hope your weekend is getting off to a lovely start!
I had an extra special Friday yesterday when my Hero Arts My Monthly Hero kit arrived a day earlier than I expected. I love the September kit for the beautiful autumn images of many different sizes.
I started by stamping all of the images in Copic-friendly Hero Arts Intense Black Ink onto Neenah Solar White 80# Classic Crest cardstock. Then I used YR12, YR16, and YR18 to color all of the flowers (or are they pods?). I used Y17 and YR18 for the little flowers with petals, and G20, G24, and G28 for the leaves. For the vase, I used Y13, Y15, and Y17. Then I die cut everything out using the coordinating dies from the kit.
For the background, I used foam blending tools to blend Wild Honey and Spiced Marmalade Distress Inks onto an A2-sized piece of Strathmore Bristol Smooth cardstock. Then I splattered drops of clean clear water over the panel and let them sit before dabbing them up with a paper towel.
I arranged the die cut elements on the background until I found a layout I liked and then I used a piece of Post-It Tape to temporarily hold everything in place while I positioned and stamped the sentiment. I used Versafine Clair Nocturne ink and my Misti tool to make sure that I didn’t mess up my blended background.
Then I began adhering everything down. I used small drops of glue to adhere the small flowers at the base of the vase flush to the background. Then I slid Zots Bling adhesive dots beneath some of the pods and leaves of the stems in the vase while they were still held in place by the Post-It Tape. Using Zots this way is my favorite way of dealing with a lot of overlapping die cuts that I’ve arranged. Lastly, I used foam tape to adhere the vase. Oh, and I cut a very small bit of the top of the vase out so that it would look like the stems were coming out from within the vase.
Finally, I adhered the card front to an A2-sized card base.
Thanks very much for coming by!