Hi there, I hope your week has gotten off to a good start!
Today I’m playing with a few sets from Concord and 9th including one from their new August release and an oldie, but goodie.
I started by using the pallet die cut from the Petals & Pallets die set to create two pallet pieces out of Neenah Solar White #80 Classic Crest cardstock. I used Altenew Silver Stone ink to stamp the wood texture from the Petals & Pallets stamp set onto the die cut pieces. Then I taped the two pieces together on the back side to create a pallet that would cover an A2-sized card.
Then, using stamps and dies from the new So Happy For You stamp set and the Floral Hoop dies set, I created the elements for the wreath. I used Altenew Honey Drizzle, Caramel Toffee, Lagoon, and Emerald inks for a slightly fall-themed color palette. I stamped all of the images and then die cut them. The two wispy die cuts don’t have corresponding stamps so I die cut them from Neenah Solar White and used a foam blending tool to ink them up with Emerald Ink.
Then I used the hoop double-cut die to cut the hoop from a piece of gray kraft Recollections cardstock. I adhered the hoop to the pallet and adhered the pallet to an A2-sized piece of Neenah Solar White.
The sentiment is from the Just Because stamp and die set. I used the dies for the “because” and the sentiment strip and then stamped “you inspire me” in Versafine Clair Nocturne ink.
Next came assembly. I laid out all of the pieces and began gluing everything down, starting with the sentiment. For the leaves and flowers, I used Zots Bling adhesive dots which I’ve been using a lot lately when I have many small pieces that I want to arrange first and then adhere while keeping everything in place. I can easily slide the Zot release paper underneath each individual element, press the element down onto the sticky Zot, and then remove the release paper. Because the each element is adhered in only one place, there’s lots of opportunity to wiggle and twist things around before I use use a fine-needle glue bottle to add more adhesive underneath.
To finish up the card, I adhered the card front to an A2-sized card base.
Thanks for coming by!