Feel Good Cards, Just Because Cards

You Are Lovely


Happy Friday, lovelies!

Today marks my second week of guest-designing for Concord and 9th’s July release.  Today’s card features the Stripes & Sayings stamp set as the background while the die cut elements are from the Lovely Blossoms and Laurel Frame die sets.

20180719_224039I started by placing the striped background step into the middle of a Misti stamping tool.  Then, I temporarily adhered an A2-sized piece of Neenah Solar White #80 Classic Crest cardstock to a scrap piece of cardstock cut to the same size.  I adhered it at an angle, ensuring that the striped background stamp would still stamp across the entire panel.  Adhering it to the scrap cardstock ensured that I could slide my card front up and down at a consistent angle so that I could stamp twice, completely covering the panel in evenly spaced stripes.

I inked up the stamp with Altenew Warm Sunshine ink and stamped the bottom half of the panel.  Then I cleaned off the stamp, moved my panel down a bit, lined up the stripes that I’d just stamped, and then inked and stamped again.  This gave me a full panel of stripes.

I then rotated the panel in the other direction (so that it tilted right instead of left in the Misti) and re-adhered it to my scrap cardstock.  I followed the same process of stamping and wound up with a background resembling a weave.

With the background done, I moved on to creating all of the die cut elements.  I die cut the hexagon out of the same white cardstock.  Then, using several Altenew ink Colors (Warm Sunshine, Blush, Rough, and Forest Glades), I used a large solid stamp to create colored cardstock out of Neenah Solar White.  When the ink was dry, I die cut the sentiment, the flowers, the leaves, and the hearts.  I also die cut the sentiment three times out of scrap heavy cardstock and then stacked and adhered them beneath the yellow die cut.

To assemble the card, I laid out everything and used liquid glue to glue everything together except for the hearts.  I trimmed the flower stems and leaf stems a bit and then used a glue dot to adhere the hearts because the overlapping stems had some bulk to it and I didn’t think regular glue would hold.

Finally, I adhered the card front to an A2-sized card base and that finished up today’s card.

Thanks so much for visiting!


Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s