Hello and welcome to day one of the three-day countdown to Monday’s Hero Arts release! The new kit (and this link) goes live at 10am PT on November 1st!
My card today features layering dies from the kit. This sweet Santa tag swings free on this card front and can be pulled out from the card and used for a gift or as an ornament!
To recreate this card:
- Die cut Santa’s hat from Cherry cardstock; use a Marvy Uchida Snow Marker and a heat gun to create the white puffy trim and pom pom on the hat (I also blended some Crimson ink around the edges of the hat but it’s not very visible and I would skip this step in the future)
- Die cut Santa’s face from Antique Ivory cardstock; use a blending brush to blend Soft Brown ink over this face to deepen his color a bit
- Due cut Santa’s face again from Dove White cardstock and keep only his eyes; use brown and black markers to color his irises and pupils
- Die cut Santa’s beard and combined nose/mustache from Dove White cardstock; use a light pink marker (I used Copic R30) to color his nose
- Use tape on the back side of his head to hold his eyes, then glue on his hat and beard; use foam tape to adhere his nose/mustache
- Use a blending brush to blend Aquatic ink around the borders of a 4.25″ x 5.5″ panel of Arctic cardstock
- Splatter the panel with white acrylic paint or gouache
- When the panel is dry, trim 3/8″ off each side of the panel; stamp the sentiment in black pigment ink
- Loop string from the kit through the loop in Santa’s hat and tape to the back of the panel (use only enough tape to hold the string securely but remember to make it easy enough to pull the tag away from the card, if desired)
- Use foam tape to adhere the card front to a card base; do not place foam tape over the string if you want the recipient to be able to remove the tag
Thank you so much for visiting!