Hi there, I hope you’re having a good week!
Today I have a quick and easy card to share featuring a little ink blending over the Large Chevron Pattern stencil from Simon Says Stamp. This aqua to yellow gradient is such a cheerful and summery palette to me. What colors would you use?
Here are the steps I followed to create this card:
- Treat the Large Chevron Pattern stencil with Pixie Spray following the instructions on the bottle (this optional step adds removeable tackiness to the stencil to help hold it to cardstock)
- Position the stencil over a 4.25″ x 5.5″ inch panel of Strathmore Bristol Smooth cardstock; use light tack tape on the back side of the panel to help hold it to the stencil, if needed
- Use a blending tool (I used an Altenew Ink Blending Tool) to blend Altenew Aqualicious Crisp Dye Ink (available in the Sweet Dreams set; I use Teal Cave from this set in step 6) over the bottom third of the panel, lightening up as you reach the middle of the panel
- Use a blending tool to blend Altenew Maple Yellow Crisp Dye Ink (available in the Pocket Full Of Sunshine set) over the top third of the panel, lightening up as you reach the middle of the panel
- Blend the colors together at the center of the panel, alternative between yellow and blue until you get a blend that you like
- Deepen the colors at the very top and very bottom of the panel by blending on Altenew Snapdragon Crisp Dye Ink (available in the Golden Sunset set) at the top, and Teal Cave at the bottom
- Remove the stencil and set the panel aside
- Prepare to heat emboss the sentiment by using Warm Breeze VersaFine Clair pigment ink to stamp the sentiment (from the Simon Says Stamp XL Greetings 2 stamp set) onto a piece of white cardstock
- Pour Hero Arts Clear Embossing Powder over the sentiment and melt with a heat gun
- Trim a piece of vellum that’s slightly larger than the sentiment piece to create a frame
- Use glue to adhere the sentiment to the vellum
- Use foam tape to adhere the sentiment and its vellum frame to the stencilled background
- Use glue to adhere the card front to an A2-sized card base
Thank you so much for coming by!
1 thought on “Just A Card To Say You’re Amazing | Simon Says Stamp”
Hi, Seeka – I agree about the colors. I love the cheerful, bright yellow and how it shifts to lime in the blended space between its pure state and its union with aqua. Great card! The sentiment is useful b/c all of know so many people who deserve a card “just because.”
Buen fin de semana / Bon week-end,
Lori S in PA
LikeLiked by 2 people