Hi there, lovely, I hope you’re having a nice day!
Today I have a quick write up of a card featuring the new Simon Says Stamp Radiating Hearts cling stamp from the Love You, Too release. I chose a warm palette of yellows, oranges, and reds but you could choose any color!
Here are the steps I took to create this card:
- Use Wow! Embossing Pad and Hero Arts white embossing powder to heat emboss the background onto watercolor cardstock
- Sprinkle a bit of Yellow, Gamboge, and Vermillion Brusho Crystal Colour pigment powder into separate wells of a paint palette (or onto other clean non-porous surface) and add a few drops of clean clear water into each well; if you don’t have pigment powders, any watercolor will do
- Use a round paintbrush to paint each of the hearts yellow
- Use a smaller round paintbrush to paint each of the “channels” around the hearts in orange; repeat with the second channel around each heart using red
- Add a few more drops of water to the red to dilute it further
- Ensure that the yellow hearts are dry and then paint over each heart with the diluted red, starting from the bottom left of the heart and letting the red fade out towards the top right
- Use the Simon Says Stamp Big Friend Shadow dies to cut the sentiment from white cardstock and the shadow layer from vellum
- Adhere the sentiment layers together
- Stamp the “love you” sentiment from the Simon Says Stamp Tiny Words stamp set in Versafine Clair Nocturne ink onto a strip of white cardstock
- Adhere the sentiments to the watercolored piece with foam tape and then adhere the cardfront to a card base
Thank you so much for stopping by!