Hello there, I hope you’re doing well and staying healthy.
Today I have a watercolored card to share using a beautiful new stamp from The Ton Stamp’s new Spring release. The Ton Stamps always has gorgeous florals, and this new Wild Rose Close Up stamp is no exception! If you’re on Instagram, we’re having an Instagram hop with lots of inspiration and a chance to win a prize, so head on over to my Instagram grid and look for this card to join in the fun!
I started by using Versafine Clair Nocturne ink and clear Hero Arts embossing powder to heat emboss the Wild Rose Close Up 6×6 stamp onto a piece of Fabriano Artistico Extra White Cold Press watercolor paper.
Then, I got out two Brusho Crystal Colour pigment powders: Vermillion and Gamboge. Brusho is very similar to Color Burst powders. I tapped just the tiniest amount of each color into a ceramic palette and added just a drop of water. These pigments are so concentrated that a little goes a long way!
Using a round 2 paint brush, I picked up a little bit of Vermillion color and painted along the inner line of a single petal. Then, using a waterbrush pen filled with clean clear water, I pulled the concentrated color out to the edge of the petal. For some of the largest petals, I diluted a bit of the pigment even more and then dipped my waterbrush pen directly into the color and painted out to the edges of the petal. I repeated this process with Vermillion on each petal.
When the panel was dry, I repeated the process using Gamboge, a saffron-y yellow. Overlaying the Gamboge over the Vermillion creates a pretty peachy pink that I love!
When the panel was still very very lightly damp, I sandwiched it between two pieces of typing paper and then placed a heavy book on top. I’m convinced that the paper helps absorb the very last of the moisture while the heavy book helps flatten out any warping 🙂
To finish the card, I used white embossing powder to heat emboss the “happy birthday” sentiment, which is from the new Floral Balloon stamp set, onto black cardstock. I backed the sentiment with foam tape and adhered it to the floral image before adhering the card front to an A2-sized card base.
Thank you so very much for stopping by!