Hello and happy DieCember! The new Simon Stamp DieCember 2021 release is live and I got to play with the pretty new Mini Slimline Lattice die. When I received this die, I immediately knew I wanted to use it with a hot foil technique and I love that I can stretch my supplies by turning this die into a foiling plate!
To recreate this card:
- Cut a 3.75″ x 6.75″ panel of Simon Says Stamp’s Soft Navy Blue cardstock
- Prepare your foiling machine according to the instructions provided by the manufacturer; I use a Gemini Foil Press because I have a Gemini Jr. die-cutting machine (the rest of these steps are for the Gemini tools, but you can follow similar steps for the Spellbinders machines, just be sure to check your manufacturer instructions and never place the die with the cutting side down onto your foiling machine’s heated plate)
- Center the die, cutting side down, onto the panel of cardstock and use low-tack tape to tape the die in position at one end, creating a “hinge”
- Slide a piece of gold foil between the die and the cardstock making sure that the “pretty” side of the foil is touching the die and the bland side of the foil is touching the cardstock
- Place this layered piece onto the heated surface of the Foil Press making sure that the non-cutting surface of the die is resting on the Foil Press (at this point, the cardstock should be on top)
- Start your machine’s timer (I set my timer to 15 seconds)
- When the time has elapsed, place the top plate of the foil sandwich on top of the sandwich and run through the Gemini die-cutting machine (the sandwich may feel thin and loose when running through but that’s to be expected because we’re not actually trying to die cut the cardstock)
- Remove the foil from the cardstock and lightly rub a Tombow Mono Sand Eraser over any areas that have excess foil
- Trim each side of the panel a bit (or leave as if if you prefer a wider margin), then set the panel aside
- Cut the detail sentiment layer of the CZ Design Hello die set four times, once from Tonic Honey Gold Mirror Card Satin Finish cardstock and three times from the same Soft Navy Blue cardstock used for the background
- Stack and adhere the four sentiment layers together, adhering the gold layer on top
- Adhere to the card front
- Adhere the card front to a card base
Thank you so much for visiting! I hope you have a wonderful day!