Hi there, I hope you’re having a good day!
I started off by using the main twice to cut to A2-size pieces of Strathmore Bristol Smooth cardstock. Next, I cut a wavy line along a piece of Post-it tape and used it to mask of all but the beach area of one panel, using scratch paper to protected the rest of the area that would become the ocean. Using a foam blending tool, I blended Antique Linen Distress Oxide ink over the beach area and then splattered it with watered-down brown gouache. I also inked up the entire second panel with Antique Linen and splattered it as well.
When the masked beach was dry, I used the other half of the wavy Post-it tape strip to mask off the beach. Using foam blending tools, I blended Salvaged Patina Distress Oxide ink over the entire exposed area of the panel, and then deepened the color with Mermaid Lagoon, up to the point where it would be seen on the front side of the stand. I didn’t worry about getting a smooth blend on the parts of the panel that would be hidden when the card is standing.
I folded and scored the panels along the score lines that the die created, added double-sided adhesive tape (without removing the release paper just yet) along the long edge and the two tabs of one panel and then set both panels aside.
Next, I cut another panel of Bristol smooth cardstock, this time 2 5/8″ x 5.5″. I used blending tools to create a blue sky of Tumbled Glass and Salty Ocean Distress Oxide inks. When this display panel was dry, I removed the release paper from the adhesive tape on the long edge of the base piece and then sandwiched the display panel between the two display pieces as I stuck the base pieces together.
Next I removed the release paper from the adhesive tape on the two tabs and then adhered the them to the tabs on the opposide side.
Next, I stamped and colored the gnome and mushroom from the Chillin’ Gnomes stamp set and cut them out. I used BG11, BG32, BG15, and BG35 for the gnomes hat and blue shorts, Y06, Y08, and Y17 for his polka dots, sandals, and glasses, and E21, E33 and E23 for his skin. For his beach ball I used Y17 and YR07. For the mushroom I used R21, R22, R14, and R17 for the red cap, and E70 and E71 for the stem and underside of the cap.
To create the sentiment, I used the Summertime die to cut another piece of Bristol smooth cardstock and then used foam blending tools to create a gradient of Carved Pumpkin, Wild Honey, and Squeezed Lemonade Distress Oxide inks.
To assemble the card, I adhered the sentiment and mushroom using adhesive dots and the gnome using foam tape.
Thank you so much for coming by!